Anna had an early start on Friday analysing Rightmove’s latest report on GB News breakfast.
- Average rents in London is £31,572 per year; £15,360 outside London
- Note that this is before bills, and compares with average household income £32,300 per year…!
- Rental demand is growing due to long term trends: we have more households and a higher proportion of those households are renting, vs constrained supply
- The rental market is not one market. A lot of institutional investor attention goes on the most and the least well-off renters, but the mid market (where GreenResi focus) is the majority, and it’s increasingly under-served
- Mid-market renters typically live in existing rental homes. Demand for these continues to grow, and supply is falling as traditional landlords exit the market.
Linked below – starting at 19.10